Anyone else tired of all of the baby hand holding that has to go on to get a game together?
I was talking with some of my gamer friends and they seem to share that opinion: If you join an online game you should do the following:
- make your own character (or download a pregen),
- know the basic rules (they are ALL free)
- most importantly: treat the GM/DM with respect, afterall they are taking the time to setup and run the game, for free, just for you to have fun.
My new policy:
- If you’re a dick, you will get banned after your 2nd shitty comment.
- If you don’t show up to a game or let me know before hand you can’t make it, you’re banned. Especially after I took my time as a GM to work on your character!
- If you are 12 years old and join an 18+ game, you’re banned.
- If you want to run a solo murder hobo who doesn’t work well with others and won’t get off it, you’re banned.
- If you disrespect the GM or the game, you’re banned.
- If you quit in the middle of a session just because you’re too much of a pussy to talk with the GM, you’re banned.
What about you? Do you find there are lots of people like this on Roll20 and G+?